Baking 114 Day 15

Tuesday, December 1

No pictures from the past two days because we have been working on our entremet practical. We finished it today.

A Chef instructor from Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa, Canada is going to be in and out of my classroom all week. He did a demo today on a very yummy looking strawberry cake. I talked to him a little yesterday while I was doing my practical. He is very nice, but kind of hard to understand because of his french accecnt.

He told my chef that my partner and I were making chocolate garnishes with mashed potatoes.
Chef Fernandez came to our table and said, "Why did Chef Herves tell me that ya'll were making garnishes with chocolate that looks like mashed potatoes?"

Jill and I: "What??!"
Chef Fernandez:"Is your chocolate too hard?"
Jill:"Oh! When he walked by, the chocolate wasn't completed melted. It still had lumps."
Chef Fernandez: "Oh ha-ha"


We start a new rotation tomorrow. Plated desserts! We start out the class with a mystery basket. I can't wait!

0 shweet notes:

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Techie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP