Baking 211 Day 9

Monday, December 14

Surprise, surprise.

Our practicals are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Not Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as expected.

I was expecting to have tonight to think over what I would do for each practical. But no...I had to make a dessert for tomorrow's practical today. I spent today just a little stressed.....

Before we plated our hot and cold desserts, Chef told us that Tuesday, we would present a plate with a "comfort food" theme. Wednesday's plate theme is "international". Thursday's plate is "classic dessert."

We passed around three different bowls to see which plates we would present.
I drew for
Tuesday's : Apple Pie
Wednesday's: Caribbean
Thursday's: Tarte Tatin (an upside down fruit pie...sort of)

I'm glad I have tonight to go over what I am going to do for the Caribbean plate and the Tarte Tatin plate.
While flipping through my notes at school, I decided on an apple cinnamon creme brulee for the Apple Pie plate. I also made coffee ice cream for a second component because some people like ice cream with their apple pie, and some people like a cup of coffee with their slice.  I will find out tomorrow whether or not I made the right choice!

On to today's plate.

We had to have a hot component as well as a cold component.

I made candied bacon served with spiced ice cream.

Chef loved the candied bacon. She usually just has a little taste of everything on the plate, but she ate two slices of bacon! Everyone who tried it said it was amazing.

I got a 5 out of 5 for my plate. =)






Now only if I can do that well on my practical tomorrow....

0 shweet notes:

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Techie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP