Baking 211 Day 6

Tuesday, December 8

I absolutely love this class. It is my favorite so far. Chef said that a lot of people dread this class. I can not imagine why! It is amazing!

We started our day by making more garnishes for our upcoming plates.
Yesterday, we made a frozen dessert named Julianna. It is made of praline cream and vanilla cream with layers of Genoise (sponge cake) on the inside. We finished the desserts today with a glaze before plating them.
After each student presented her plate, we worked on a dessert for tomorrow. I got done early, so I tempered chocolate to make chocolate garnishes. I managed to get chocolate everywhere. It is so messy. I hate tempering chocolate, but it is something I need to get used too.

One thing I really do not like about this class, is that the school only provides round plates. There are no square, rectangle, or triangle plates. This morning, I convinced Kyle to let me borrow his square plate, just for one day.

I got loads of complements on my plated dessert. Everyone, including Chef, loved it. I am happy with the way it came out. =)










Yesterday, my partner and I made chocolate squares with a woodgrain pattern. I shingled those against the base of the cake. I used caramel and chocolate for the sauce. For garnish I used a poppyseed wafer, whipped cream, and a blackberry.

0 shweet notes:

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Techie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP