Baking 211 Day7

Thursday, December 10

I can not express how much I love this class. This class tends to stress people out, yet I have not stressed one bit. I am the stress queen! I stress about everything. It is unbelievable how I am relaxed and just having fun. It is amazing.

So, for my peanut butter cup plated dessert, I made a baked alaska.

We had chocolate ice cream in the freezer, which worked out great since our ice cream machine is broken.
I used the chocolate ice cream and a peanut butter cake. I melted chocolate and peanut butter together and put a thin layer of that between the cake and ice cream. It froze overnight and this morning, I went to class early and made a swiss meringue. I piped the meringue around the frozen icecream/cake, torched it (almost overdid it!), and then plated the dessert with a creme anglaise sauce.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten that our plates were getting graded today. If I had remembered, I would have done something more complex, like a bavarian cream.

I received a 4 out of 5 for the overall plate. Hopefully, I will do better next time.










The requirements for tomorrows plate are simple-the dessert must be frozen, and it must have a secondary component on the side.
What I came up with, in my opinion, was really tasty!
Tune in tomorrow to read about a "fruit loop" macaroon!! =)

0 shweet notes:

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Techie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP