Banana Butterscotch Bread Pudding

Friday, April 30

Earlier this week, Mom made banana nut muffins for breakfast. For some reason, most were left uneaten. Instead of tossing the muffins, I figured I could something out of them. 

After deciding to try a bread pudding, I left the muffins to stale. 



I found a simple custard recipe online and tweaked it a bit. 
Custard: 
1 c. skim milk
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
splash of vanilla
bit of orange zest
1/4-1/2 c. sugar. 
Procedure:
1)Whisk ingredients together and combine custard with stale bread (about 8-10 muffins).
Pour into a baking dish.



2)Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes. (until golden and puffed up)
3)Let sit for twenty minutes after baking. 


Butterscotch sauce:
1 c. whole milk
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. butterscotch liqueur

Procedure: 
Whisk together cornstarch and liqueur. Bring milk and sugar to a boil. Stir in liqueur/cornstarch. Cook until sauce thickens. 

4) Pour over bread pudding and enjoy! 


This is great served hot or cold! 

My family loved it. I thought it tasted delicious, but it was a bit too "eggy" for me. I think I may try this a couple more times and see if I can tweak the formula a bit. 

Overall, it was a winner. =) 

1 shweet notes:

Erin Branscom April 21, 2011 at 4:19 AM  

That looks so yummy! :) I am following your blog! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Techie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP